Pwd by Joomla templates
Royal Irrigation Department started irrigation work in the Northeastern region of Thailand in B.E. 2477 (A.D.1934) by surveying on hydrologic and geographic conditions in order to be an information for project planning. A construction of irrigation project was started since B.E. 2482 (A.D.1939) to solve immediate problems as requested by local people. The first irrigation office of this region was located at Pho Klang road, Nai Muang sub-district, Muang district, Nakhon Ratchasima province which is the current office of Lam Takhong Operation and Maintenance Project.
In B.E. 2499 (A.D.1956), the irrigation office was moved to 905 Sue Siri road, Nai Muang sub-district, Muang district, Nakhon Ratchasima province, which is the current office of Regional Irrigation Office 8.
Later, in B.E. 2518 (A.D.1975) Royal Irrigation department considered restructuring an organization and divided areas in the Northeastern region into 3 offices e.g. Regional Irrigation Offices 4, 5 and 6. According to Royal Decree Organizing Royal Irrigation Department B.E. 2540 (A.D.1997), it divided areas of the Northeastern into 4 offices: Regional Irrigation Offices 5, 6, 7 and 8 until present. Head office of Regional Irrigation Office 8 has a distance from Bangkok along Highway No. 2 (Mittraphap Road) about 250 kilometers.